WHAT THE BROCHURE SAYS:
Designed by Alan Andrews, with race winning pedigree.
This is a 56' yacht with the speed of a yacht of over 60'.
The present owner has had it since new, and he specified some exceptional features when it was
- A hull shape similar in weight and design to the highly successful racing yacht of the time 'ALDORA',
with the primary use being performance cruising (both coastal and offshore) and the capability to
participate in club racing.
- The companionway was modified to allow easier access and greater safety for the crew.
- Additional Lewmar hatches were added to improve ventilation.
- The hull is of fibreglass sandwich construction with biaxial E-glass reinforcements, foam core, and
Vinylester resin. Areas of high stress are reinforced.
- The hull is faired to racing standards.
- There is no interior liner, and the interior skin was labouriously hand faired to get an immaculate finish.
- The benefits of this include weight saving and the ability to inspect through fittings.
- Transom includes a swim step.
- The mast, manufactured by Buzz Ballenger (California) was given extra strengthening, and the yacht
was given an ultra strong boom.
The owners are 68 and 70 and have sailed 22,000 miles in the yacht, the vast majority of the time without crew.
Standing rigging consists of Navtec Nitronic 50
discontinuous rod stays, rod forestay and rod backstay split by two insulators for SSB. Inner forestay is
Navtec 9T Kevlar with Wichard 5587 pelican adjuster. Runners and checkstays are Technora single
braid. The mast also comes with a Enerpac twin hydraulic ram system (stored in owner's cabin) used
to unship mast from its blocks.
The interior was designed for easy and comfortable cruising by the owners, with just one guest cabin.
The forepeak is a workshop as well as a store for sails and lines, and can easily be converted into a
The owner is undertaking to fully repaint the yacht prior to selling, and it will be CE Certified.